Monday, December 08, 2008

Crib and Coffee

I am not sure what has made me be higher, all the coffee I have drunk, or playing crib. I was asked to stand in at the semi local, to play in there crib team as they where a bit short. I have not played in 10 years. I went to the Internet to check that nothing had changed and the form I knew to play was the one still used. I was a little nervous so go the captain to run through a couple of hands to settle me in.
We played best out of 5. It was nip and tuck all the way. Each team only winning by a few points here and there. Playing in a league rather than your front room, makes it take on a whole new meaning.
I was a bit dazed in the first two games, but after a fag and a cup of coffee, I was ready. We scrapped our wins and even at the end we only won by one. In fact we should have not won at all, it was just the way the cards fell. Like most things in life, in depends on the hand your dealt
.

No comments: