Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Loughborough

I chugged on quite happily this morning, the waters were deep and wide, so I made good time. If my memory serves me right then for Number One this is where it all started 20 years ago.



Even amongst all the narrowboats, there was an exception or two, this was one of the better ones..


The RBOA sticker does work, I even managed to bump into the ex chair of the RBOA and had a nice chat with her. She has a lovely mooring which she bought over ten years ago..

This is one of the many non lock. locks on the Soar it is left open but can be closed in case of flooding

I can't believe this is the journeys end. I am returning to the Marina tomorrow and then off in the morning to see a friend of morning coffee. Is this me back to civilisation, or as the saying goes, we take it with us..



ps there maybe one more post

No comments: